Building Bridges to Healthy Relationships
Individual, Couples and Family Counseling
Relationships can be the greatest source of comfort and safety in our lives, allowing us to go out into the world and reach the stars. When things feel like they are aligned we are filled with great joy. Sometimes, however, relationships can be a source of tremendous unhappiness and hopelessness leading to depression, anxiety, and splintered families. Do you feel caught in an endless cycle of arguments and distress? Do you miss the close; intimate relationships that you once had? If you have been secretly saying to yourself, “I need help for my relationship,” now is the time to get the support that you need.
It’s possible to turn your relationship around more quickly than you ever imagined.
Since relationships are feedback loops, patterns can develop that have you and your partner feeling caught in a painful, negative cycle. This cycle may have led you away from trust, intimacy, and respect. Using Emotionally Focused Therapy, a highly effective, and proven model, I will help you to reshape these cycles and build an atmosphere of love, trust, and openness so that you can have the great relationship you desire.
You will learn how to:
- Re-establish love and deepen intimacy
- Understand the pattern of repetitive arguments that have caught you and your partner or family members
- Respond effectively when you’ve been triggered
- Resolve conflict and create harmony
- Ask the right questions to understand each other’s intentions
- Successfully work together to resolve the problems that arise between you
- Communicate with love, care and respect so that each of you feels heard
- Learn how to ask for your needs to be met
- Understand your differences and enhance the areas you have in common
- Regain a secure, safe attachment with your partner or family members
I’m confident that I can help you to rekindle your relationship – even when you have all but given up hope!
Once you choose me as your therapist, I will guide you to develop healthy ways of communicating when you feel hurt or angry. Together, we will work to resolve the rigid patterns and negative cycles that have developed. You and your partner or family members don’t need to remain stuck in these patterns — you can put an end to the distance that has grown between you.
Call me at 650 289-9972 or email me at Catherine@catherine-morris.com to schedule a brief phone consultation so that I can learn about what is troubling you or your relationship. You will have a chance to ask me any questions you might have about my practice or Emotionally Focused Therapy. We can then schedule an appointment and get started creating the relationship that you have been yearning for.
Check out my Relationship Blog.